We provide a variety of Custom Quilting services to assist our customers in finishing their projects. We know how much time, effort, and love is involved in creating quilts. That's why we promise to treat them as if they were our own. We work closely with you to determine the design that will best compliment your quilt and transform it into a finished work of art that reflects your personal style and showcases your creative endeavors. In order to get the best results possible, please review the steps below on "Preparing Your Quilt" for the machine quilting process. All prices include thread, and trimming your quilt when finished (if requested).
Preparing Your Quilt for Machine Quilting
- Make sure your quilt top is squared off and all seams are securely stitched.
- If borders are not square, they may be uneven and can develop puckers in the quilting process.
- We will do everything we can to prevent this, but we cannot compensate for the quilt construction and no amount of quilting will eliminate the rippling caused by the flared borders.
- Backing fabric should be at least 4" larger all the way around than the quilt top.
- If there are any seams in the backing, make sure that the selvages are removed, threads are trimmed and the back is squared up.
- If it is not, there will be an additional fee for squaring up the quilt back to properly load it onto the machine. This is time consuming and the following charges will apply:
$ 5 for a Crib to Lap size
$ 10 for Twin to Double
$ 15 for Queen and King size
- We suggest Quilter's Dream batting which is available for purchase in our store.
- Batting must be at least 3" larger than the quilt top.
- Do NOT spray or pin baste your quilt.